Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Soft Clicks

Death is not glamorous- Soft Clicks.  I have been waiting a very long time to receive these records.  I did know the pressing info for these when I bought them but now the Dead and Gone website doesn't have it listed anymore.  I swear I'm getting worse at keeping up with that info.  Each record came with a download card, a poster, and my favorite... the printed sleeve.  To me the printed sleeve just shows how much the label cares and how much they put into a record.  Not that there is anything wrong with the regular boring white dust sleeves, just... it's not as cool.  First record is on a red and clear split.  This is the rare one, I wanna say it was/100 something.  The second is on Black vinyl and this is the standard press.  I do not know the numbers on this color.  Both records have the same packaging.  I Pre ordered these from dead and gone, I've always been worried to order from over seas like this but with DING I had to take the chance.  They're too good.

Dead and Gone records.


3 comments:

Mike said...

The picture sleeves are cool, but over time I've had a bunch of them split on the bottom, so now I try to replace them with the plain white dust sleeves to protect them.

Junk Food said...

Hmm... I haven't came across this problem yet. I figured these would last longer if anything. The white ones always seem to form slits on the bottom. But now that this is pointed out, I might have to take it as advice to protect them. Thank you.

Mike said...

Yeah, of course the ones that I'm talking about are 15 years old, and have seen a lot of movement in the sleeve....taking the vinyl out and dropping it back in. If your vinyl doesn't see a lot of action, they will probably be safe for a long time...but yeah, I play it safe and use the white sleeves.